Monday, June 29, 2009

The first Agreement

Mural in Tucson Arizona


When I was coming home from my recent sabbatical my friend handed me this
peculiar colorful little book. I trusted my friend and the universe that this is what I needed to read. To my great surprise it was not just a book to read but a path with 4 simple or not so simple agreements. It's called "the four agreements"by
Don Miguel Ruiz. "The four agreements " Sounds simple... which it could be there are only 4.... but maybe it is the daily practice of the agreements ,getting out of the routines,train of thoughts and our own personal mythology
that can bring on the challenges. let's not be too hard on ourselves. "When you do your best you learn to accept yourself." (part of the fourth agreement)
I use this book as my guide just like most of my books I open them randomly to see "What do I need to learn from this moment?".
Today I opened it for all of us and love to share the words.

The First Agreement: Be Impeccable with Your Word "Being impeccable with your word is the correct use of your energy;it means to use your energy in direction of truth and love for yourself. If you make the agreement to be impeccable with your word,just with that intention,the the truth will manifest through you and clean all the emotional poison that exist within you." Don Miguel Ruiz

What does the word Impeccable mean to you? How many words are we using each day that are positive or negative? Are we conscious of the effect or damage our words have on others? Ask yourself these questions and experiment the effects
on your own life when you make this first agreement.
"Today I will choose to be Impeccable with my word". Tamika




No comments:

Post a Comment